1. Mix spices and salt in a small bowl. Cover chicken pieces with the spices.
2. Heat oil in a heavy pot. Add olive oil and cook chicken on all sides until browned, in batches if needed.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 min.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and stir. Add the chicken, potato and bring to a boil.
5. Then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 25 min.
6. Squeeze the lemons into the pot and add the rinds. Add the olives. Cook for 10 more min. on high heat, uncovered.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with couscous if required.