1. Heat oven to 190 °C. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil, the lemon juice, the ginger, the pepper, and 1 tsp of salt in an ovenproof dish.
2. Rub the chicken with the mixture and roast uncovered for 50 min.
3. Combine couscous, 2 cups of water and 1/2 tsp of salt in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 min. to soak.
4. Melt the butter, add almonds and cook until toasted and golden. Turn off the heat and stir in dates.
5. Add almond-date mixture to couscous, along with any butter left in the pan, and mix, fluffing the grains with a fork. Mix in 2 tbsp olive oil, sugar, and cinnamon (to taste).
6. Drizzle honey over top of the chicken; add couscous mixture, arranging it around the chicken. Cover and return to the oven for 30 min. or more.
7. Remove the chicken and carve into serving pieces. Stir and fluff couscous, scraping up any chicken skin stuck to the pan bottom, and place chicken pieces back on top of couscous. Sprinkle with chopped herbs.