1. Warm up a frying pan, add oil, bay leaves, cardamom, chopped onion. Fry on the high heat to let all the spices disclose. Add the chicken and fry from all sides.
2. After frying, pour hot water to the chicken and let it boil. After boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about 40-60 min. Season with salt 15-20 min. before it is ready.
3. Take the chicken out of the broth; drain the broth through the sieve to make it clean and transparent.
4. In a separate saucepan, heat olive oil and add a mixture of spices and lemon zest.
5. Rinse the rice and put it on the heated saucepan. Fry for 2-3 min. on the small heat and then pour in a little of the cooked broth. The broth should cover the rice by 2-3 cm.
6. Boil the rice and reduce the heat. Let the rice cook for 30-35 min.
7. Serve the dish decorated with slices of lemon, cilantro, and sprinkle the surface with peppers.